Guest Time drift ~20% to fast

mx738

Jan 18, 2022
Hello,

i have an issue with a VoIP PBX VM image.
The Phone Systems is a ova image, i import the this by:
qm importdisk 200 ipva-disk1.vmdk vmStorage -format qcow2

I got it running, there was an issue because this VM use PCNET LAN Card. All this things are working.
But there is an issue, the Speed in the Guest is too fast. So the clock is to fast ~20% the time is drifting away. But also the automatic announces are to fast so the voice massages are to fast.

Is there a way to adjust the timing in the guest?

I would like to help you with that, as I am currently in the process of migrating this Innovaphone Virtual Appliance myself. I read about the Network pcnet problem on the forum, however I don't even get to that point. I am booting from ide:0 which is the ~500MB disk of the four disks. But when I do, I only get the following screen

1662060017991.png

What VM settings did you use to get it to work in the first place? I would much appreciate your help here - maybe I can report on that time drift issue afterwards myself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!