Guest has not initialized the display (yet)

HerbCollector

Jul 13, 2024
Hi ^^
When I start my vm there is this error coming up "guest has not initialized the display (yet) "
What can I do?

Did try to change the machine to q35 as an workaround but that lead to an error when trying to start the machine.

The pictures show my machines hardware ...
I use a Raspberry pi 4 as an host.

Attachments

• displayerror.png
    displayerror.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 11
  • options.png
    options.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
  • hardware.png
    hardware.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
please try using a different display type, either VirtIO-GPU or serial terminal. For an ARM VM, you cannot use machine q35 or i440fx (as those are not compatible), in Proxmox VE only virt.

Please note that ARM hosts are not officially supported and in general, and ARM VM's are not a first-class citizen in Proxmox VE, they often need special settings to function and the GUI might not properly expose those settings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!