Guest Agent not running

flyyboyy

Jul 3, 2023
Going nuts! For some reason something has changed - can no longer access this VM (home assistant) in a browser, nor ping it. It shows Guest Agent not running.

Not sure that it matters, but running PM on an HP Thin Client

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13-55-49 pve01 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

The VM shows that Guest Agent is enabled:
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13-57-10 pve01 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

No idea what has suddenly changed. Tried shutting down and restarting, no joy. Spent half a day looking thru the forum and googling, just dont see it yet. . .

TIA

Guess I can't copy anything from the console(?) Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 16-55-47 pve01 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

(Also repeatedly keep getting two errors. Not smart enough to know if it has anything to do with the issue)

I'm not too far into this HA build, thought I would just remove the 100 VM and start over. Can't stop it (TASK ERROR: VM quit/powerdown failed), can't remove it. Seems like I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

I see this in the Docs:

Troubleshooting​

VM does not shut down

Make sure the guest agent is installed and running.
Once the guest agent is enabled, Proxmox VE will send power commands likeshutdown via the guest agent. If the guest agent is not running, commandscannot get executed properly and the shutdown command will run into a timeout.

Guess it makes sense, though I evidently still can't get the guest agent to run in the first place. . .

My mostly broken glass sphere says, your local-lvm storage might by full...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!