GRUB reconfigure issue after latest update

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Afox, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Afox

Afox Member

Hello,
    after the latest update when I run "apt update && apt upgrade" I get a GRUB dialog on every VM that there has been a change and the old /dev/vda device changed somehow to /dev/sda. So it wants to rewrite GRUB.. I didnĀ“t do it yet. Drives are scsi devices. What should I do? And why did this happen at all?

Thanks in advance,

Afox

2. Oliver R

Oliver R Member

#2 Oliver R, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    fireon likes this.
  3. Afox

Afox Member

hello, I update Proxmox via webinterface. But this topic is about updating one or multiple VMs. There was an grub update for my distro and grub complained that the initial setup somehow changed (I think /dev/vda to /dev sda). I now just changed it to /dev/sda and have not expirienced any problem.
    Regards

4. Symbol

Symbol Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

In fact this is a debian stuff, and most probably not Promox related...
    I guess it compares the initial config recorded in debconf with the current media scheme.
    You may have a look at
    Code:
    debconf-show grub-pc
    before and after the upgrade or dist-upgrade, to check what it changed in its record...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice