GRoupwise GWIA

pcs_ch

Jan 10, 2008
Hello

I would like to use proxmox with our Novell Groupwise 7.0.2 System. Du you have any installation Manuals or experience with Groupwise.

Thank your and regards

Paul

Hello

I would like to use proxmox with our Novell Groupwise 7.0.2 System. Du you have any installation Manuals or experience with Groupwise.

Thank your and regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am not a groupwise expert, but the integration of Proxmox is always the same for all mail servers. First, I suggest you take a look on the deployment guide to see the possible scenarios. maybe you should use the "Alternative port settings, page 8", which means you do not have to change the sending SMTP port from your groupwise system.

Groupwise and Proxmox

Hi Tom

Well i tryed all of your suggestions but the proxmox still doesnt work. Here are my settings:

System Configuration
IP 10.0.0.24
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 10.0.0.1

Hostname = proxmox
Domain = mail.ch

DNS 195.112.1.111
DNS2 64.2.3.5

Hostname of the mailserver in the local Network = FS1
Hostname in the internet= gwmail.groupwise.ch

domain in the internet = mail.ch
local IP of the Mailserver 10.0.0.98

in GWIA i cannot change the port the SMTP Port

Ports 25 and 26 are open in the Firewall outgoing and incoming

Mail Proxy Configuration:
Relaying
Relay set to 10.0.0.98
SMTP Port 25
domain mail.ch

Ports
External 25
Internal 26

Options

transport
none

Network

Whiteliste
none

Thank your for your help
Regards
Paul

Hi Tom

Well i tryed all of your suggestions but the proxmox still doesnt work. Here are my settings:

System Configuration
IP 10.0.0.24
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 10.0.0.1

Hostname = proxmox
Domain = mail.ch

DNS 195.112.1.111
DNS2 64.2.3.5

Hostname of the mailserver in the local Network = FS1
Hostname in the internet= gwmail.groupwise.ch

domain in the internet = mail.ch
local IP of the Mailserver 10.0.0.98

in GWIA i cannot change the port the SMTP Port

Ports 25 and 26 are open in the Firewall outgoing and incoming

Mail Proxy Configuration:
Relaying
Relay set to 10.0.0.98
SMTP Port 25
domain mail.ch

Ports
External 25
Internal 26

Options

transport
none

Network

Whiteliste
none

Thank your for your help
Regards
Paul

Hi,

I suggest to start first with incoming mail.

without proxmox:
Email arrives at your firewall on port 25 and the firewall delivers to your groupwise - please correct me if I am wrong here.

with proxmox:
Email arrives at your firewall on port 25, your firewall has to do port forward ing to 26 to the proxmox server, proxmox delivers to your groupwise server (the groupwise server is the default relay on the proxmox side) (make sure you change the ports described in the deployment guide (settings for exchange 5.5) so that proxmox awaits external emails on port 26)

please use the mail tracking center on proxmox to query the logs - to see if everything is working or not.

good luck,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!