Hi everyone,
I am looking into adopting PDM as the central management "pane" for a lot of PVE hosts (probably in the hundreds or even thousands). We are doing a PoC build at this moment and I have a few questions and remarks.
It could be that I have misread things but the PDM documentation is referring to (security) groups in PDM itself without an option to create groups in either the GUI, via CLI or via API. I am using PDM 1.1.7 and I assume the "inner workings" to start using groups is there, but there is no way to create them yet. Is this assumption correct or am I missing something? If there is a way to create groups in v1.1.7, could that be added to the documentation?
Another thing I encountered was an issue with adding a remote using the
command. I read about a few other people encountering this. After adding a remote using this CLI command you are confronted with the following error:
"api error (status = 400: connection failed: Could not establish a TLS connection". It's obvious why it shows this error, but it's stated nowhere how to add this fingerprint together with the remote addition using this command. By some trial and error I found out that you can just add the fingerprint after the
param like this:
It isn't an issue perse, but I couldn't for the live of me find a mention of this anywhere. I checked a lot of sources and a few versions of the official documentation. Once again, it could be that I have misread but this is something which should really be added into the official documentation if you ask me.
Those are a few things I encountered and really wanted to share as I thinks a lot of other people will encounter the same.
As for the overall experience with PDM up to now: I think it's a great product, keep up the good work!
I am looking into adopting PDM as the central management "pane" for a lot of PVE hosts (probably in the hundreds or even thousands). We are doing a PoC build at this moment and I have a few questions and remarks.
It could be that I have misread things but the PDM documentation is referring to (security) groups in PDM itself without an option to create groups in either the GUI, via CLI or via API. I am using PDM 1.1.7 and I assume the "inner workings" to start using groups is there, but there is no way to create them yet. Is this assumption correct or am I missing something? If there is a way to create groups in v1.1.7, could that be added to the documentation?
Another thing I encountered was an issue with adding a remote using the
Code:
proxmox-datacenter-manager-admin remote add
"api error (status = 400: connection failed: Could not establish a TLS connection". It's obvious why it shows this error, but it's stated nowhere how to add this fingerprint together with the remote addition using this command. By some trial and error I found out that you can just add the fingerprint after the
Code:
--nodes
Code:
proxmox-datacenter-manager-admin remote add --authid 'ro@pve!pdm-ro-poc1' --id remote1 --nodes 10.20.30.40,fingerprint=[SSL fingerprint] --type pve --token [token]
Those are a few things I encountered and really wanted to share as I thinks a lot of other people will encounter the same.
As for the overall experience with PDM up to now: I think it's a great product, keep up the good work!