Graphical environment

Noyanne

Sep 26, 2019
it was the node from the beggining.... Guys, at the start, when you're about to log, check if there's a little box made of characters, it can tell you what the graphical display IP is, don't waste the Staff's time for such a stupid mistake, not like me

Last edited:
How and where did you setup this Proxmox Server?

Either the server is off (would be easiest to solve), has another IP or there's a firewall between you and the server blocking any traffic..

Can you ping the IP and confirm it's the correct one you're allowed to use in the Datacenter the server is installed in?

Ah OK, sorry I misread this as "I cannot reach it anywhere", duh...

Still, how did you set it up? Official Proxmox VE ISO?

Do the services serving the webinterface and API run?:
Code:
# systemctl status pveproxy pvedaemon
# ss -tlpn|grep 8006

but the error tells otherwise:
start failed - failed to get address info for: mainProxmox: Name or service not known

So at least in the past it did not resolved to anything, at least from the Promxox VE node's point of view.

if it works now you can try to restart those services:
Code:
systemctl restart pveproxy pvedaemon

Note for all those who see an empty thread here, and only my answers:
OP delteted all their answers, the last one with the following reason
"It was the node from the beggining... the IP address I typed wasn't the one used for 8006 display"

So one of the initial suggestion:
has another IP
was seemingly the reason. Anyway, deleting answers should not be done, marking them as wrong or just commenting with the real reason would be enough. If other find such a thread in the future when researching an error they will be frustrated with deleted answers..

Anyway, deleting answers should not be done, marking them as wrong or just commenting with the real reason would be enough. If other find such a thread in the future when researching an error they will be frustrated with deleted answers..
My bad, hoping nobody will have to face what I deleted, and if such problem is the case, may the person find a solution as fast as possible and not delete its threads to prevent unsolved problems for future viewers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!