Grant access to quarantine for users

TomTheOne

Sep 6, 2020
Hi all

I've connected the Proxmox Mail Gateway in front of a Sendmail/Dovecot mailserver. My user accounts are located on the Sendmail/Dovecot mailserver.

Two questions: Is there a possibility...

... to grant my users access to their own quarantine by logging on to the Proxmox Mail Gateway? I'm looking for an authentication method for example by IMAP to validate users to grant access to their own content in the quarantine. E-mail addresses that can be used to filter for in the quarantine could probably be added to the configuration by confirming a validation email? (like the approach of mailcleaner?)

... to enable a daily/weekly/monthly overview by mail of quarantined messages?

Best regards
Tom

... to grant my users access to their own quarantine by logging on to the Proxmox Mail Gateway?
Access to the quarantine interface for users is either managed by a ticket which is set in the links in the Spam Report mails that the users get or by setting up LDAP.
LDAP is used as login method to the quarantine and can be used in rules in the mail filter system. Login to the admin interface is not possible via LDAP.

... to enable a daily/weekly/monthly overview by mail of quarantined messages?
What do you mean? An aggregated spam report over all users for the admin?

Hi Aaron

Thank you for your reply.

> ... to grant my users access to their own quarantine by logging on to the Proxmox Mail Gateway?

I found here that there is no support for IMAP authentication to the quarantine. So therefor i do not use the quarantine for the spam filter, instead i only report the spam status in the header of the mail. Spamassassin on the target mailserver will use this information to move spam messages into a separate \Spam folder. Maybe this is the better soltion anyways, so my user to not have to check additional spam reports sent to their inbox.

(Authentication mode to access the quarantine interface. Mode ticket allows login using tickets sent with the daily spam report. Mode ldap requires to login using an LDAP account. Finally, mode ldapticket allows both ways.)

> ... to enable a daily/weekly/monthly overview by mail of quarantined messages?

I found that can be done by using #pmgqm send

Best regards
Tom

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!