[SOLVED] GPU Passthrough on multiple VMs

TanguyE2VR

Sep 24, 2020
Hi I need help I have 2 graphic cards and I need to do 2 VMs with 1 graphic card for each VM. I've created the 2 VMs and done the gpu passthrough they work well but when I try to launch them together one of them does'nt launch and output this error message

Code:
Task viewer: VM 102 - StartOutputStatusStop
kvm: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]
kvm: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]
kvm: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:0a:00.0,id=hostpci0.0,bus=ich9-pcie-port-1,addr=0x0.0,multifunction=on: vfio 0000:0a:00.0: failed to open /dev/vfio/2: Device or resource busy
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

Hello, help please i have the same problem...
i have done to 1 VM the GPU but i need that the GPU to share with 10 VM
here is my GRUB

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on pcie_acs_override=downstream"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

is that ok? please help me

Hello, help please i have the same problem...
i have done to 1 VM the GPU but i need that the GPU to share with 10 VM
here is my GRUB

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on pcie_acs_override=downstream"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

is that ok? please help me
You cannot share a dedicated GPU with more than one VM unfortunately. EDIT: that might not be strictly true; you may be able to allocate the GPU to more than one VM but only one VM can use the GPU at any time.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!