Gpu passthroug issues

Bobbbb

Jul 13, 2018
Hi everyone...long time, been unraiding for too long...hehe
anyways i got myself an amd SFF , with Ryzen 5, and radeon 8 and i installed proxmox on it.
maybe i should first asked ,is this machine even capable of gpu passthrough?or an i wasting my time trying....
one thing i am also trying to understand is can i do a gpu passthrough to an external monitor?
now my issue....whenever i switch on my vm , proxmox dies , with Input/output error
this is the device i am trying to passthrough: 05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Picasso (rev c2)
iommu is enabled....not sure what else to try

Maybe the GPU is not alone in its own IOMMU group. Can you show us your IOMMU groups by way of running for d in /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/*/devices/*; do n=${d#*/iommu_groups/*}; n=${n%%/*}; printf 'IOMMU group %s ' "$n"; lspci -nns "${d##*/}"; done?
What is your CPU exactly? The only Ryzen 5 with Vega 8 I can find are the mobile 2500U and 2600H. Picasso has Ryzen 5+Vega 11 or Ryzen 3+Vega 8.
Are you trying to passthrough the integrated GPU or a separate video card? I have not read anyone having success with the former yet (but I could be wrong).

OK, it is a Ryzen 3550H mobile processor with integrated Vega graphics. Is the integrated GPU in its own IOMMU group? Have you tried vendor-reset?
I could only find negative reports like this and this and have not read any success stories about Ryzen APUs and passing through the integrated GPU.

Gonna do more tests today, yesterday I installed xcp-ng on another hard drive and got the GPU pass through working fine but can't out put to monitor

thanks i will check it out....currently testing esxi on an intel nuc also not working...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!