ghost .iso on local

taffy

Dec 2, 2022
Hello,
Today I uploaded a 14g iso to local and got an error at the end (seems my lan cable came loose) and there was no iso image as expected so I uploaded it again a 2nd time. This time it went fine however there is now - Usage 54.77% (33.40 GB of 60.98 GB) - and only one 14g .iso in the directory. I had this happen before and it cleared the space on it's own after the successful upload, but not this time.
I cd to the directory and ls and only see the 1 file. Is there a place it has a temp bad file or a way to clear the space without removing the good iso? thank you for any help - cheers

Check the folder "/var/tmp" for files starting with "pveupload". Your ISOs will be uploaded there and only be moved to the target storage when the upload has successfully finished. If it fails the temporary file might remain there and you have to manually remove it.

Last edited:
Reactions: taffy
Check the folder "/var/tmp" for files starting with "pveupload". Your ISOs will be uploaded there and only be moved to the target storage when the upload has successfully finished. If it fails the temporary file might remain there and you have to manually remove it.
Right on, it has been a couple years and I forgot where to look. Thank you that did it! - cheers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!