Getting ZVOl for VM disk

chrisu

Renowned Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,

I am pretty existed about Proxmox and ZFS and finally the ZFS-Support within Proxmox. The lack of missing GUI integration (ZFS command have to be performed by command line, scheduled task like Scrub or status report have to be done by a separate agent) can be well handled by existing How-To's and community threads.
So far have seen that Proxmox creates a ZVOL for every VM-Disk on a ZFS mounted storage. That is really great.
What I am missing is an overview, what ZVOL is assigned what disk? Is there a config files or a command?

Thank you and best greetings

chrisu

Not sure what you need exactly, but we use disk names like "subpool:vm-2000-disk-1", and this maps to zvol "path/to/subpool/vm-2000-disk-1" - so I guess this mapping is quite obvious. You can also use pvesm to get the exact mapping:

# pvesm path subpool:vm-2000-disk-1
/dev/zvol/path/to/subpool/vm-2000-disk-1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!