Getting my Intel NUC's Wifi into Proxmox and VM's

Da9L

Dec 30, 2020
I've just installed Proxmox on my new Intel NUC8i5BEH and it is working quite well. However my NUC's build in Wifi is not visible and I wish to use this for the Virtual Machines on it. Is that possible? The chipset is called Intel® Wireless-AC 9560. I'm not very experienced with Linux so I bear with me. I found an old topic about it, but instead of resurrecting that one I created a new one. That topic though something about a "non-free" repository was mentioned. Where do i find these? I know how to add them to sources.list, but not sure what it means exactly

I think i got my Wifi working now in Proxmox. I followed this guide from Intel and furthermore did some setup with the wpa_passphrase command and /etc/network/interfaces. My wifi now gets an IP address and I can ping it from another computer on the same LAN.

This means that the only thing i need to do now is to make Proxmox use that interface instead of the ethernet one, including VM's on it.

How do i do that?

Anyone? I honestly don't think this is too complicated, but since I don't know linux nor proxmox that much I need some advice

proxmox_network.JPG

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!