getting escape key away from noVNC?

CGC

May 25, 2023
There are a couple of pieces of software I use where the escape key is a frequent part of normal activity. Having the escape key dump me from full screen back to a postage stamp is just plain unusable.

When I'm using VirtualBox right ctrl-f is the toggle for full screen mode. Is there a way to change the Proxmox web interface to use that same key combination? And if not that, it would be great to move the toggle ANYWHERE other than escape.

There are a couple of pieces of software I use where the escape key is a frequent part of normal activity. Having the escape key dump me from full screen back to a postage stamp is just plain unusable.

When I'm using VirtualBox right ctrl-f is the toggle for full screen mode. Is there a way to change the Proxmox web interface to use that same key combination? And if not that, it would be great to move the toggle ANYWHERE other than escape.
Maybe it's not noVNC but your browser that binds Escape to exit fullscreen? Maybe this will help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...esc-to-exit-full-screen-in-firefox-and-chrome

I think your answer is correct, but what a spectacular piece of fail this is. Looks like the best solution is to take that one browser you don't use much and fiddle with the console layout until you can use most of the screen. That's fine on my 4k desktop, but was really hoping to use this from smaller displays. I want to second screen from a laptop during movies so I can keep an eye on some long running processes I use that require a graphical desktop.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...he-esc-key-when-the-browser-is-in-full-screen

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!