Get backups from proxmox randomly fails

Byphone

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I have a proxmox cluster (8 nodes), and two pbs (one that receives backup, and the other one sync with first one).
Sometime, when i click in proxmox ui on the backup menu to see the list of backups of a vm, it fails, ie nothing is shown, and i 'm sure that backups exist in pbs for this vm.
if i activate chrome tools , i see that query (ext-all.js content?content=backup) is canceled at 30s... Is it possible to customize this timeout value ?

Regards

Hi,
I think the timeout is hard-coded. But I agree that not showing anything rather than an error is not ideal. Does the timeout happen when the server is under too much load?

not really, timeout happens even during the day, without backup talk on pbs. PBS server has about 130 VM backups, perhaps it's due to check task running during the day

Do you mean a verify task? That can cause a lot of load, because all data has to be read and checksums computed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!