fuse device missing

fowr0yl

Mar 15, 2022
Braunschweig
I just updated my Manjaro LXC Container. But now flatpak inside this container did not work anymore.
I guess because this error found with journalctl:
Code:
Jan 12 12:45:18 ManjaroLxQT org.freedesktop.portal.Documents[8178]: fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
Jan 12 12:45:18 ManjaroLxQT org.freedesktop.portal.Documents[8178]: error: fuse init failed: Can't mount path /run/user/500/doc

Trying to "modprobe fuse" gives me another error.
Code:
[root@ManjaroLxQT user]# modprobe fuse
modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.116-1-pve

Seems that flatpak needs fuse to mount internal directories, but fuse is not available.

How to enable fuse ?

Hi,
you will have to enable fuse support for the container by going in the WebUI to <Container> > Options > Features > Edit and check the corresponding FUSE checkbox.

Hi Chris,

thank you for the hint.
But after enabling fuse I ran into the next error :(

Code:
admin@ManjaroLxQT tmp]$ /usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=/app/bin/HeiseArchiv --file-forwarding de.heise.app.HeiseArchiv @@u %U @@
bwrap: cannot open /proc/sys/user/max_user_namespaces: Read-only file system

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!