[SOLVED] Function Keys with LXC and xterm.js

screenie

Jul 21, 2009
What do i need to configure to get the function keys working in the xterm.js console of an LXC container?
Using the xterm.js shell on the PVE host they are working properly.

Thanks

What do i need to configure to get the function keys working in the xterm.js console of an LXC container?

Which function keys do you mean? That what some Laptop call "Function Keys" (Audio volume +/-, Brightness) or some CTRL+ combination?

Which function keys do you mean? That what some Laptop call "Function Keys" (Audio volume +/-, Brightness) or some CTRL+ combination?

The regular F1 - F12 Keys.

They are working correctly on the PVE host when connected via ssh and also in the LXC container via ssh.
They are working correctly when connected to the console of the PVE host via the PVE GUI using xterm.js - but they are not working properly in the LXC container console when connected via PVE GUI using xterm.js.

The 'F3' function key for example is interpreted as '*' - and i have no clue what i need to change...

Running the latest PVE version and the Debian 10 Template

Thanks

works here, but you have to set the correct 'TERM' variable in the container (e.g. in the .bashrc or similar)
i have it set here to 'xterm-256color'

OK, setting the TERM variable to xterm-256color manually works.
Still confused - it's not the problem of adding this setting now on the container template - i only do not understand why it needs this extra setting, and i didn't have to do it on the PVE host - its working here by default.

Is that something how the container is build or has this something to do how the LXC console is attached?

Thanks

Reactions: syd

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!