Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1320 M3 & FUJITSU PRAID CP400i

blondie63

May 8, 2024
Someone managed to install Proxmox 8.2 on this server with FUJITSU PRAID CP400i Raid controller ?
Attache some screenshot of my test install fail :(

Thanks for help

Where are your screenshots?

CP400i are normally not a problem, they're SAS3008-based LSI controllers and work out-of-the-box. AFAIK they can be configured to be a hardware RAID (needs to be done in BIOS) or software RAID (needs to be done in the bios and enable passthrough). I've a bunch of them running in PVE and also in RHEL-environments without any problem:

Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX2540 M2 with a CP400i, identified as

Code:
$ lspci -vvv -s 01:00.0 | head -3
01:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3
        Physical Slot: 1

$ pveversion
pve-manager/8.2.2/9355359cd7afbae4 (running kernel: 6.8.4-3-pve)

configured as a hardware raid1:

Code:
$ lsscsi --size
[6:0:0:0]    disk    HGST     HUC101830CSS204  C7L0  -               -
[6:0:1:0]    disk    HGST     HUC101830CSS204  C7L0  -               -
[6:0:2:0]    enclosu FTS Corp SAS30_EXPAND36   0600  -               -
[6:1:0:0]    disk    LSI      Logical Volume   3000  /dev/sda    298GB

How you can enter in this setup ?
When i turn on i see only F2 for setup and F12 for boot order

I have no machine to reboot right now, try F2 to get in the BIOS and there can/should be an try to enter the RAID bios.

Last test: on same server i removed CP400i controller and used the LSI Raid on main board where i've created a VD
I've installed but Proxmox destroy VD and installed in disk 0 !

Why CP400i and LSI on board controller are not recognized ?

Last edited:
LSI SAS3008 under Proxmox (since Update 8.1->8.2) is a special thing. With mpt3sas-driver everything is fine, using megaraid-sas no disk detected.

LSI SAS3008 under Proxmox (since Update 8.1->8.2) is a special thing. With mpt3sas-driver everything is fine, using megaraid-sas no disk detected.
Hi Frank, how you can choose this mpt3sas-driver ?
How you can set bios? UEFI or Legacy ?

Thanks for help

Hello,

I got an issue with a Fujitsu Rx100 because on proxmox 8.2 have kernel 6.8 with intel_iommu=on by default and raid card was not working (even blinking).
I don't know if it is the same issue but because you have a Fujitsu, you may check.
Can you test with proxmox 8.1 and see if it works : https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso/proxmox-ve_8.1-2.iso ?

If it works, you can try to set intel_iommu=off in the grub and then update to 8.2.

Last edited:
Hello,

I got an issue with a Fujitsu Rx100 because on proxmox 8.2 have kernel 6.8 with intel_iommu=on by default and raid card was not working (even blinking).
I don't know if it is the same issue but because you have a Fujitsu, you may check.
Can you test with proxmox 8.1 and see if it works : https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso/proxmox-ve_8.1-2.iso ?

If it works, you can try to set intel_iommu=off in the grub and then update to 8.2.
With this iso 8.1-2 i've installed on same server without problems !!
SO 8.2.2 is bugged :( ?

And i think i cannot upgrade my install, is it right ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!