fstab CIFS not automounting to shared storage on boot.

nate

Mar 15, 2011
fstab entry:
//x.x.223.131/backup /mnt/pvebkf cifs 0 0

if I run "mount -a" from command prompt it mounts with no errors. but not mounting from boot using fstab entry. Shared storage server is up and active.

1. any way to fix?

If not
2. what file can I add "mount -a" to so it runs on boot?

thanks!

mount.cifs reads a few environment variables such as USER.
Does "env - mount -a" still work?

mount.cifs reads a few environment variables such as USER.
Does "env - mount -a" still work?

when I run "env - mount -a" , prompts for password and mounts drive. So yes that works. Not sure why fstab wont load it. And not quite sure how to add a script to run on boot to run mount -a. So I'm kind of stuck on it.

Last edited:
Dietmar,

I was curious about why when running the mount -a command it prompts me for a password? I'm using the pve root account. The password it is asking me for is the root account password, not the password for the shared storage (CIFS). I have the CIFS account set to not use authentication. any ideas? thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!