FSC RX300S7 network problems with 2nd 4 port network card

yodommo

May 31, 2012
Hello,

love the the new version 2.x. All works fine with the installation. After the installation I didn't get an internet connection or a connection to the web interface to the server. I installed the server with connected the first onboard nic. It looks like proxmox will use the first port of the 4 port PCI-e card for eth0. I don't know why.
Older installations on other servers, which had also a 2nd nic, it uses for eth0 the first onbord port.
Need some help. Thx.

Regards, Thomas

Hello,

love the the new version 2.x. All works fine with the installation. After the installation I didn't get an internet connection or a connection to the web interface to the server. I installed the server with connected the first onboard nic. It looks like proxmox will use the first port of the 4 port PCI-e card for eth0. I don't know why.
Older installations on other servers, which had also a 2nd nic, it uses for eth0 the first onbord port.
Need some help. Thx.

Regards, Thomas
Hi,
you can order your NICs like you want. Just edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot after that.
Udev will rename you NICs during boot - you can see with "dmesg | grep eth".

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!