freshclam.conf

yuchris

Jul 1, 2024
Hi all,

new to pmg, just installed and run some upgrade on packages.
but it show up a new version of freshclam.conf, and have different between difference version.

any idea how to choose correct one?

Attachments

• pmg_freshclam.png
    pmg_freshclam.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 6
If you are sure that you did not modify it, you can take the new one. If you are unsure about that and want to see what the differences are, you can select the "keep local version currently installed" and the update process will place a new freshclam.conf.ucf-dist at the same directory. You can thenn diff the files and merge them if you want to.

Sometimes this popup also occurs if only a space or comment has changed.

because the path looks different i afraid broke the system, also clamd.conf also have many changes..

Attachments

• pmg_clamd.png
    pmg_clamd.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi, same here, I was unsure so i selected "keep the local version currently installed" because I don't want to lose my settings. However an "offcial" clarification about the best choice could be helpful.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!