Fresh install in a machine with a current install

Jay Hova

Oct 20, 2020
Houston, Texas
www.softunderbelly.com
I have a machine with 2 NVME drives. The original Promox was setup by a friend of mine. I know virtually nothing about Linux. I want to do a fresh install to see if I can get it right. I have 3 drives in a ZFS raid with PM booting off a 512gb SSD. I want to install to my blank 2TB SSD. When I do I am asked if I want to do something with the old install. Do I need to remove my old SSD? Can I mount my 3-drive ZFS raid? Is what I am doing stupid?

It's really easy to break or wipe your currently working installation. Since you have a working Proxmox, why don't you install Proxmox in a VM to practice and experiment?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!