Forward to internal LAN with proxmox

pakradm

Oct 24, 2016
Hello,

I have a Proxmox host with one public IP from my /29 range. My host has a Windows VM & Linux Container. Also my Windows VM has one another public IP from the same /29 range as host. My container doesn't have public IP & use NAT IP & inside it I'm running a custom service on TCP port 9876 & ssh on port 60222.
For clients to access this service I have make a DNAT rule on Proxmox iptables
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 9876,60222 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2

Now I can access both ssh & my custom service from external network(WAN)
But the problem is that I can't access these services from my Windows VM!
It seems that Proxmox iptables doesn't forward ports when clients connect from /29 range.

By search on google I also found this thread that is very similar to my problem.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...ant-forward-from-to-internal-lan-with-proxmox

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug enp0s25

iface enp0s25 inet manual

iface enp6s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  A.A.A.A
    netmask  255.255.255.248
    gateway  B.B.B.B
    bridge-ports enp0s25
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
#External

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
    address  192.168.1.1
    netmask  255.255.255.0
    bridge-ports none
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
#NAT

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!