Fonts hard to read.

johnzapf

Dec 11, 2020
I'm not sure if anybody else runs across this issue. See picture, fonts are blurry, light, and hard to read.

I've been using proxmx for a long time and it's always been this way on my computer. I have high end video card and 4K monitors, That must be the issue because it doesn't have a problem on any of my other computers. And out of all the things that I use and do on my computer this is the only software that has the issue.

Screenshot 2024-08-24 063711.jpg

This is not Proxmox VE issue. You have to check the font issue from your browser/system instead.

This is not Proxmox VE issue. You have to check the font issue from your browser/system instead.
I beg to differ it looks the same in Google Chrome edge, Firefox. And all fonts and everything is up to date

And it looks fine on the other 5 computers I have, All running the exact same software and browsers it's just has a problem with the one that has the high end 4K monitors.

I've been an IT guy for 35 years and believe me I would have tried everything before I even got on the form and mentioned this.

Last edited:
I beg to differ it looks the same in Google Chrome edge, Firefox. And all fonts and everything is up to date
And again I look at hundreds of pieces of software and websites and if this is the only software that I've ever had these issues with in my life, then it is a problem with Proxmox.

Yeah I started that thread years ago i've never been able to fix it, it's the only thing in my 35 years experience that has ever done this so I would recommend to Poxmox that they changed the font they use. I'm also a web developer and I'm not going to delete helvetica, It's a necessary and commonly used font!

Last edited:
Yeah I started that thread years ago i've never been able to fix it, it's the only thing in my 35 years experience that has ever done this so I would recommend to Poxmox that they changed the font they use. I'm also a web developer and I'm not going to delete helvetica, It's a necessary and commonly used font!
That's how I fixed the same issue on my Windows PC.

Control Panel -> Fonts -> Font settings -> press the Restore Default Fonts Settings button, with hide fonts based on language settings checked.

Hope this will solve for you aswell.

Last edited:
That's how I fixed the same issue on my Windows PC.

Control Panel -> Fonts -> Font settings -> press the Restore Default Fonts Settings button, with hide fonts based on language settings checked.

Hope this will solve for you aswell.
That did not work for me, but thanks.

and again, this only happens on my high resolution 4K monitors so it's just the font and settings that proxmox uses don't work in my high reserve 4K monitor it looks fine on all of their normal computers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!