Flockport lxc containers on proxmox 4.2?

forlorn1

May 18, 2016
So I'm fairly new to both Proxmox and LXC containers in general, so maybe this is asking for the impossible, but is there a way to use Flockport LXC containers with Proxmox 4.2. Or a way to convert.

Specifically I'd like to spin up a gitlab instance, which Flockport has. But I get a "TASK ERROR: unable to detect OS distribution" even after renaming the gitlab.tar.xz file over to debian-7.0-gitlab_7.0-3_amd64.tar.xz, which I think matches the Proxmox standard.

A way to import containers like this would be a huge win for everyone....

Flockport containers are incompatible with any kind of copyleft license.

"
Flockport containers are available for free and can be used freely. Flockport containers are provided “as is”. Flockport disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.

End-users need to comply independently of Flockport containers, to licensing conditions placed by applications in containers governing their usage. Flockport containers can be shared provided the container is not changed in any way, and all logos, documentation and notices are left intact. The Flockport brand may not be used to endorse or promote products without specific prior written permission. If you would like to redistribute Flockport containers for commercial purposes please get in touch with us. Please link to the Flockport download page to share containers. Please visit our Terms of use and Acceptable use page for more information."

Yeah and they seem out of date and not maintained anyway. Turnkey for the win...
Someone needs to make a decent mail server appliance though, dunno why Turnkey don't do that...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!