first issues: Groundhog day! a CT gets state reverted every night!

May 23, 2012
Hi forum...
first post, we are new to proxmox, and overall fantastic... is revolutionary for us

but we are facing our first trouble:
we have a container that is every night put to a certain state (like a saved snapshot)... of course problem is that I have not scheduled (in fact, I wouldn't know how would I do that if I would want to do...) or did nothing like this, suddendly, yesterday I found yestarday's work vanished, all data, all configs, everything... the machine was like two days ago. I put everything uptodate, and did a snapshot, and today, same history, I have but been able to restore it from snapshot... but data activity from yesterday's evening/night is loss.
Rest of CTs are working flawlessly...

- I dont know what to search for on the logs, and I dont see nothing strange... I dont know whats happening. There is no task scheduled in the web interface, nothing!.
- I have deleted all CT snapshots today but the last one, so it may help in case proxmox is restoring some of them.
- No activity reported on task logs for...
- I would also have to investigate if something occured within CT (Debian6), but it never happened to me in hardware/linux working such thing... it is something like windows deep freeze software, that always reverts the machine to a frozen state on reboot, except this occurs sometime at night...

Hope someone can put some light on this....

Thanks,
Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!