[Firmware Bug]: The BIOS Has Corrupted Hw-PMU Resources

informant

Renowned Member
Jan 31, 2012
Hi, i have installed the last image of proxmox on a server.

I get the message on boot:

[Firmware Bug]: The BIOS Has Corrupted Hw-PMU Resources

Can i ignore this or do you have a solution?

best regards

I do have this error on a dl380 G5 with latest fw.
The server doesn't boot! I urgently need a fix/solution for this... anyone has a hint/tip/advice/link?

thnx

edit: the link above affects G7/G8 server only!
Quote from HP website:
All ProLiant Gen8 Servers
ProLiant DL580 G7
ProLiant BL620 G7
ProLiant BL680 G7

running RHEL6

Last edited:
Hi olma,

thanks for reply, but it´s not a solution for all servers. This we have tested again with the same error. It´s a linux error, well a other debian squeeze works fine. it´s only a warning message, we can ignore this, alos.

regards

hi informant,

I didn't had the time to test this possible solution yet.
I can't ignore this error, because my server does not boot!
I tested various Linux-distros with no luck (CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora).....

Regards

Hello!

I have this message with DL360G5 but servers boot and work fine under PVE 2.3.

Hello!

I have this message with DL360G5 but servers boot and work fine under PVE 2.3.

Same here on DL380 G5. However the installer won't start when using latest iso (2.3). You have to use 2.2 ISO and then upgrade it to the latest version.

Strange, in my case this message appears (after few minutes):
pve23install.jpg

edit: i was using corrupted CD image that is why installation failed.

Last edited:
Uhm,...
@stef1777: Maybe you can tell me which BIOS version you are using?! I have all the latest BIOS/FW (P56).

@snowman66: Installation isn't an issue. Works like a charme but first reboot stops after grub.
There are no other error messages, the screen blanks... than: nothing, server stops booting...

I'll try the 2.2 + upgrading. Wondering about whats going on if a reboot is necessary afterwards...

I've set up 4 DL360e machines successfully, installing CentOS 6.2 on the 2x500GB disks via P420 RAID card. When I did this on machine number 5 installation was successful, but booting CentOS from disk displayed the Firmware Bug message and the boot process subsequently failed with a kernel panic. I followed the advice at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03265132 but that made no difference, as the page indicates, so there may be no connection between the bug and the panic. I tried booting with various kernel options set but consistently got a panic. I reinstalled CentOS and the panic is now resolved. That's good, if somewhat disturbing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!