Firewall suddenly block connections

chencho

Nov 25, 2010
Yesterday I installed one local proxmox.

All works fine all the day.

Today I startup the server, login over ssh, open a lxc... and suddenly connection drops

I can login locally, but not over ssh.

Then, I change my ip and try to connect. Works, but after few seconds, connection drops again.

I try to set pve-firewall to disabled. Configure iptables to allow from my ip / port.

But nothing results, I have or "Connection refused" or "Operation time out"

ILooks like a network issue, probably not related to PM at all.
My guess is that you have two hosts on the same network with the same IP address. :)
Shut down PM and try to connect. If you get connection refused, it means something else refused the connection.

Umm... is probably, im into a cowering :( ; but when I change my ip I can login over ssh for seconds.

I enabled the firewall at pve and set ssh and guide ports to be enabled and accesibles

Thanks!

It can work from time to time, based on who's MAC address you get into your ARP table (last ARP Reply).
Glad I helped. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!