Firewall Interface?

Zackey_TNT

Aug 24, 2019
New Zealand
Hello Proxmox Community. I'm extremely new to proxmox and linux in general, so please go easy on me :)

I'm having difficulties configuring a firewall to allow ports 30000-30004 tcp out on one specific VM.

The difficulty is, while I can add a rule without an interface, it doesn't appear to do anything. When I try to add an interface from the host (the adapter name which in this case is enp3s0f0) I'm stopped with this error.
1566601731454.png
1566601942396.png
I tried adding vmbr0 as an interface as well, same error.

I've also tried using net0 (the network adapter of the VM) and while that does allow me to proceed, it does not open the ports.

Any advice on this?

Attachments

• 1566601936336.png
    1566601936336.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 18
While this maybe useful, it isn't clear if in fact, your properly enabled Firewall on PVE. IIRC, one needs to go through hoops of check marks to enable it. Lastly, do you have iptables enabled in the container and/or Virtual Machine? What is the output of 'iptables -S' on the hypervisor?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!