Firewall and Security questions

bughatti

Renowned Member
Oct 11, 2014
Does anyone know if it is possible to lock a client to just 1 vmbr. I have a module that controls the VM from my site but they have the option to change network connections to all available vmbr vlans I created.

I am also using nexenta as my storage but I only have 1 NFS mounted for all clients. Even though they have access to VNC console, do they have a way at all to access the datastore to see what else is in there and mess with others folders?

Does anyone know if it is possible to lock a client to just 1 vmbr. I have a module that controls the VM from my site but they have the option to change network connections to all available vmbr vlans I created.

I am also using nexenta as my storage but I only have 1 NFS mounted for all clients. Even though they have access to VNC console, do they have a way at all to access the datastore to see what else is in there and mess with others folders?

Anyone at all?

Kota, thanks for the response but I am unclear as to what setting you are talking about. I know I can select firewall on a nic setting of a VM but where would I block them being able to selectively change what vmbr i have under my datacenter. I will eventually have dozens.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!