fingerprint changed notification

tlex

Mar 9, 2021
I started getting a few error messages this morning since my backups were failing. After checking, I realized that the fingerprint changed on my pbs servers.
That probably happened because the PBS server certificates were updated with the ACME process.

1) Is it possible anyhow that the fingerprint update beeing pushed automatically to the datacenter storage connector when that occurs ?
2) Is it possible to get an email alert when the fingerprint is changed ?

1) Is it possible anyhow that the fingerprint update beeing pushed automatically to the datacenter storage connector when that occurs ?
In that case I would recommend to just remove the fingerprint form the storage config

if the certificate is signed by (a chain leading to) a certificate in your system's trust store (Let's Encrypt is in the truststore for most systems and definitely by default for Debian and Proxmox) it is not necessary to compare the fingerprints

I hope this helps!

Reactions: tlex
In that case I would recommend to just remove the fingerprint form the storage config

if the certificate is signed by (a chain leading to) a certificate in your system's trust store (Let's Encrypt is in the truststore for most systems and definitely by default for Debian and Proxmox) it is not necessary to compare the fingerprints

I hope this helps!
thank you I didn't realized I could do that :)

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!