file restore - download as .tar.zst

May 8, 2022
Hi!

Experimenting with the file restore function of PBS, I noticed that the "Download" button at first appears as "Download as", giving me zip and tar.zst as options. As soon as a directory is selected, though, it switches to "Download", which zip files being the only option.

Is that intentional, or what am I doing wrong? I would prefer .tar.zst, really, since I'm mostly using Linux in my VMs.

ok, that's probably a bug left from introducing the tar.zst option for the pbs interface. not sure if it's worth fixing it when we'll get the full tar.zst support anyway...

@dcsapak Do you know if tar downloads are still planned?
I'm still seeing what @hmalzahn was seeing (the tar option initially appears but is gone when selecting individual files/folders)
The tar download option will be a great improvement since the zip downloads don't handle simlinks. This has caught me off guard when trying to restore a directory.

i'll have to check if the patches still apply and possibly rebase & resend, AFAIK they were not applied (idk for what reason exactly)

Thanks for the reminder !

Reactions: meichthys
@dcsapak Friendly reminder:

Were you able to find out if the patches were applied (or if they will be applied soon)?
As of 7.4-16 it looks like the tar option is still removed when selecting any files/directories.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!