File level backup solution for Proxmox

inteam

Jun 8, 2015
I need a file level recovery backup solution. I want backup the VM and then 'search' in the filesystem for a file level recovery (ex. ext2, ext3, fat32, ntfs, LVM ...)
For VMware the are some integrated solution, anyone known a solution for Proxmox/KVM ?
Thank for suggestions.
Paul

p.s. i am testing Proxmox 3.4.1 with Ceph

We use Backuppc for this things.
Thanks for your response but isn't exactly what we need.
Sorry, perhaps i don't express what we need clearly.
I look for a tool that read several vm disk image type (vmdk, qcow2, vhd, ...) from backup within Proxmox and then 'view' the filesystems inside (ext2,ext3, ntfs, so on ...) to the goal of restore some files.
Thanks for any new response !
Paul

Snapshot the vm, mount the snapshot of the image file, aim backuppc at it.

Not sure if that's what they're after.

Do you mean you want to mount an old backup and copy a file from there to the current disk? One thing you could do is extract the backup vma (resulting in a directory containing the vm's config and disks from that time), and mount it (using qemu-nbd to attach the disk).
Eg. if you have .vma.lzo files as backups you can extract them via: $ lzop -d -c ${the_backup_file} | vma extract -v /dev/stdin /target/directory/name
(Note that the target directory must not exist, but it'll tell you that as error anyway if it does.)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!