File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 863

NasKar

May 19, 2022
I am unable to restore CT 104 from a back up.
Code:
TASK ERROR: unable to restore CT 104 - mkdir /mnt/pve/Frigate_Data/images/104: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 863.

Does that directory exist? I suspect that it does, based on the error. Is there anything in there that is of value?
If not, remove it (104). If you created another CT with ID 104, then you should try to restore to a new ID.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
The directory and file /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm exist. 104 has already been destroyed and doesn't exist at least in the GUI. I was able to restore to another ID. Can I fix 104 so I can use it in the future?

I meant does this path exists? /mnt/pve/Frigate_Data/images/104

If its empty "cd mnt/pve/Frigate_Data/images ; rmdir 104".
If contains data, you need to figure out if it is something you want to keep, and if not - delete it.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
I created the dir inside /mnt/pve/Frigate_Data ---- images/104 and then tried to restore to 104. The process hung up and now I have a locked 104 that won't unlock with pct unlock 104 or pct destroy 104.
Will be unable to test anything additions till July 7th. Thanks

I created the dir inside /mnt/pve/Frigate_Data ---- images/104 and then tried to restore to 104
In future you do not create the directory yourself, but let PVE do it by itself.

Probably rebooting the server will fix the problem of the 104 removal.

If you want you could possibly restore that CT to a different {CTID} number - so maybe 105 & let PVE do the directory creation on its own.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!