features

peterwynne

Jul 5, 2008
I've been using prox mox for a few weeks.

I'd love to see a different way of accessing the quarentine.
The way you have a quarentine manager user - if that user could be given access to see all spam for a particular domain. I know this takes away from the individual users being able to manage the spam for themselves - but it would be useful.

The ability to receive mail forward as spam. I know that some other spam products have the ability to receive mail forwarded to it by users. This would allow users to simple forward spam mail to an address which would mean it would automatically be blacklisted from that point on. [does this make sense?]

any thoughts?

also, another query:

if someone wants to check their quarantine for mail that may have gone in that day they can use the web interface links from old e-mails. how long do the tickets last that make this links valid?

I've been using prox mox for a few weeks.

I'd love to see a different way of accessing the quarentine.
The way you have a quarentine manager user - if that user could be given access to see all spam for a particular domain. I know this takes away from the individual users being able to manage the spam for themselves - but it would be useful.

just create a local user via web interface, give the role quarantine manager. but this login can see all quarantined messages from all domains.

The ability to receive mail forward as spam. I know that some other spam products have the ability to receive mail forwarded to it by users. This would allow users to simple forward spam mail to an address which would mean it would automatically be blacklisted from that point on. [does this make sense?]

any thoughts?
we already thought about such functionality but it is not that easy as it looks. all email clients are sending different and only partly information back so the only way to see what is due to blacklist is to keep local copies of each emails. also, what exactly should be blacklisted? the user cannot tell by this way what he want to blacklist. Proxmox currently has 3 levels of blacklists - SMTP level, Rule system, Personal blacklists.

so we decided to not implement such a feature because of these shortcomings of such a procedure.

also, another query:

if someone wants to check their quarantine for mail that may have gone in that day they can use the web interface links from old e-mails. how long do the tickets last that make this links valid?

the links in the reports are valid as long as the email is stored in the quarantine - see quarantine lifetime (default 7 days).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!