feature wanted - view last backup job status

chchang

Feb 6, 2018
is it possible to add a view last job log/status in datacenter-->backup ?
when I want to review a backup job status , I have to click on all nodes and find the backup job task , then combine all logs into one piece to review the really backup job status (succeeded/failed/speed/capacity)
since there`s a backuop tab in datacenter , maybe it`s ok to append the backup log to the job ??

when I want to review a backup job status , I have to click on all nodes and find the backup job task , then combine all logs into one piece to review the really backup job status (succeeded/failed/speed/capacity)

Another way is to look at the email that was generated on backup time.

We monitor our backups from the backup server that also opens and reads the whole backup in order to give feedback if the backup is restoreable. After this, the information is stored in our monitoring tool that signals if something is wrong.

yes, but let`s said I have a backup job to backup 10 VMs on 5 nodes , then I will have 5 backup notification mail on different time . I have to combine those emails as one to review what`s really happened .
I think that should be more convenient way .

Again: Your backup is only fine if you tested to restore it. Do that and if everything works, return one status that everything is fine.

I`m not trying to test or restore the backup , I`m more concern about the backup "process" and how much resource(time/backup space) used by the backup job , then I can provide report to customers/departments who want to know their VM were really backup .

like I said, backup 10 vm on 5 nodes , I will got 5 notification mail on different time , that really cofuse me .
and I hope there`s will be some other way to collect a whole piece backup log.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!