Feature request

bodhi.zazen

Feb 23, 2009
Thank you for these forums (registration was interesting ... )

I reviewed your wiki and FAQ and could not find a location for "bug reports" or feature requests.

But I did find a reference to post such things here on your FAQ

http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2795&postcount=8

So I will apologize if there is a better mechanism.

=======

I am interested in Proxmox and would like to request a feature in your installer.

Your installed is very straight forward, but does not allow many options :(

For those of us who wish to keep data (can you say backup ?) on a separate partition from our OS it would be nice if your installer offered some partitioning options, or at least allowed one to specify a root partition rather then insisting on using the entire HD. (yes I know the HD can fail, and keep backups separate from the HD as well).

It looks like the only viable option if one wishes to keep data would be to first make space for Proxmox, image/back up all the data, install proxmox, boot a live CD and resize proxmox (not necessarily the easiest as you are using LVM, not that that is hard, it just adds to the complexity), then restore the data from backup. :rolleyes:

Please consider modifying your installer to make the process easier.

Thank you for your reply and your consideration.

I understand (and appreciate) the desire to make things easy and I am sure you get many such requests. I figured I would take the time to give you some feedback as I appreciate your project very much.

In terms of the CD, yes the md5sum is correct on the iso and the CD checks out as well

md5sum proxmox-ve_1.1-3664.iso
5d2962db353716415fb07067d61f90bc proxmox-ve_1.1-3664.iso

I understand (and appreciate) the desire to make things easy and I am sure you get many such requests. I figured I would take the time to give you some feedback as I appreciate your project very much.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate your feedback too. I just dont know a way to combine both things (full featured patritioning vs. easy installer). The plan is to use the standard debian installer for such things (and then install proxmox ve packages after installation).

In terms of the CD, yes the md5sum is correct on the iso and the CD checks out as well

Maybe a CD drive issue?

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!