Feature request: volblocksize per zvol

Ah ok, understood.
I started using PVE and PBS recently and when looking for information I initially thought it couldn't be done easy.

I've read several of your posts (particularly on optimizing blocksize, ashift, etc... great explainations!) and when I read this, I thought it couldn't be done (even in a much less complex environment than yours clearly).

After discovering this method by experimenting, I thought I'd write the information for everyone.

I probably misunderstood the meaning of your initial post :D

Doesn't hurt to have a new more detailed explanation on how to use this workaround. But it is just a workaround to circumvent a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. At least a more powerful restore menu should exist that allows you to select what vdisk should end up on which target storage so you are not forced to restore all of the vdisks to the same storage that maybe isn't big enough to fit all those disks and which also will create the vdisks with a wrong volblocksize. See for example here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/feature-request-advanced-restore-options-in-gui.109707/

Reactions: EdoFede

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!