[Feature request] streamline acquisition of public ISOs, such as VirtIO

BloodyIron

Renowned Member
Jan 14, 2013
it.lanified.com
Hi Folks,

This is directed at the proxmox devs.

I went to check out the github repo, and wasn't sure which was an appropriate place to stick this, so I'm posting on the forums for now.

I think it would be nice if we could have a streamlined way to download to our ISO storage common public ISOs, such as the VirtIO ISO for Windows drivers, various Linux distro ISOs. This way we can from the central interface see if new versions of ISOs are available, check which ones we want to download from the public repos, and the proxmox ecosystem just grabs them and stuffs them in the selected ISO storage space.

Not sure how big of a value there is here, but I think that for new proxmox users this will at least streamline the process of getting setup with Windows VMs since new users can find getting the VirtIO ISO rather clunky from a UX perspective.

Just a thought. Good Idea? [Y/n]

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!