Feature Request: pve-zsync within GUI

j.io

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all,

I was chasing the best approach to do incremental backups using ZFS snapshots and found pve-zsync which actually incorporates a lot one would need (scheduling etc.).

However, I love Promox' GUI and how VM backups are done (rolling backups, prune, move to different storages, etc.) via the user interface.

I wonder if the pve-zsync could be implemented in the GUI, so that ZFS storage can be "backed up" in a similar fashion as VMs / CT can. This way, one could send a storage to a PBS instance, even incremental, and would not have to mess with all the details of scripting. Maybe even moving snapshots around different zpools, all automated, scheduled and rolling.

This also could be "intentionally misused" to send zfs snapshots to movable devices as USB drives, RDX or even LTO (?) as another backup level.

Are there any plans to do that in future?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!