Feature request / Help Request | Shutdown after sync/backup job completes

AngryAdm

Sep 5, 2020
Hi, is there a way to have PBS shut down after a remote sync is complete?

I would like the server to shut down and auto start up (by BIOS) to pull the sync down, then shut down again.
I see no reason to have the 2nd off-site server powered on more time than required due to security concerns.

If not possible, it would be a nice addition to backup jobs / sync jobs to have such a tickbox:
[X] Shutdown server when job is completed.

not builtin no, you could probably script something though with cron/systemd timers (e.g. check if there is a running sync task and if not, shutdown )

the checkbox probably does not make sense for most people, but some hookscript functionality i could imagine (like vzdump on pve for example)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!