Fan speed

hardball

May 6, 2023
Hello,
I have installed a proxmox environment in a Fujitsu computer and i have constated my fan are spinning at high power.
So to check i have installed lm-sensors and i see the fan speed is constantly at more than 2100 RPM,
I tried to configure sensors and nothing changed.
The 4 cores are at 30°c so not to high to the fan need to spin very fast.
I have updated the bios and check the fan speed but nothing to do
I have no more ideas

You should be able to set minimum values for your fans via the corresponding /sys-entrypoints and "hear" if it changes. If that is the case, you can install some fan control software like fancontrol.

Thanks but i have configure fan control to test if something change but no differenceIMG_20230508_202545.jpg

In /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/ i have this so what is the value i need to modify?

fan2_alarm
fan2_beep
fan2_input here i have the RPM of my only fan
fan2_min
fan2_pulses
fan2_target
fan2_tolerance
pwm2_auto_point2_temp
pwm2_auto_point2_pwm
temp2_alarm
temp2_beep
temp2_input
temp2_label
temp2_max
temp2_max_hyst
temp2_offset
temp2_type

So there are other sensors that are "off-the-scale", maybe they're influencing the fan speed via fancontrol? Have you tried turning debug mode on in fancontrol and see that sensors influence the fan speed?

No i've not i will try,
But when i do the command sensors-detect my fan are detected at 255 so at the maximum speed idk if this is normal

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!