Failing to boot Home Assistant qcow2 image disk - UEFI Access Denied

How does importing an existing QCOW disk work?
I created a VM, stored the QCOW home assisant disk on storage, and then manual renamed it to the disk name as created by the VM.
Or is there a fancier option which just allows you to select the disk via the Proxmox webgui?

Disabling 'Secure Boot' does not get my Home Assistant to work btw?

Last edited:
How does importing an existing QCOW disk work?
I created a VM, stored the QCOW home assisant disk on storage, and then manual renamed it to the disk name as created by the VM.
Or is there a fancier option which just allows you to select the disk via the Proxmox webgui?

Disabling 'Secure Boot' does not get my Home Assistant to work btw?
I used this as a guide :
https://mangolassi.it/topic/21751/import-a-qcow2-into-proxmox

Worked for me once I changed from Seabios to UEFI bios.

Last edited:
Disabling Secure boot fixed my problem. I should have updated my post earlier, sorry.

Not in your host machine, but in the Proxmox VM. When you see the Proxmox logo when booting a VM, hit escape and then go to Device Manager -> Secure Boot Configuration then disable Attempt Secure Boot.
Created an account just to thank you for this -- most appreciated! :))

Disabling Secure boot fixed my problem. I should have updated my post earlier, sorry.

Not in your host machine, but in the Proxmox VM. When you see the Proxmox logo when booting a VM, hit escape and then go to Device Manager -> Secure Boot Configuration then disable Attempt Secure Boot.
wow, you saved me from jumping off the window :D thanks

TY; this was my issue as well

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!