Failed to verify TOTP challenge

robetus

Jul 8, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
My TOTP failed suddenly so I removed the tfa.json and tfa.json.lock lock files from /etc/proxmox-backup/ and now I can't verify TOTP. Inside /etc/proxmox-backup/ the tfa.json.lock lock file keeps getting created right after I delete it. Running Backup Server 2.4-1. How can I get TOTP working again?

I've also run a proxmox ve server and have never had this happen, only on my backup server. What do you mean by all devices exactly? The proxmox backup server is standalone.

Note that if enter your tfa code wrong 8 times your user will be locked. As of today, the web ui will tell you that your credetentials are wrong, rather than telling you your user is blocked.

In such a case, if you have ssh access to the server. you can run pveum user tfa unlock USERNAME.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!