Failed to start zfs-import-scan.service

bcart167

Dec 31, 2020
Hi All,

I'm getting this error which is preventing me from booting up the rest of the OS so I can't reach the web GUI.
IMG_20240825_103615131.jpg

I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff so I did a quick google search to find some commands that might help me and this is the output:
IMG_20240825_105608997_HDR.jpg

If there are some commands that would help, please let me know. I don't want to lose the data that is already on the RAID.
Thanks.

Try "zpool import -f RAID"

zpool import without any additional parameters only lists pools available for import. You need to specify which pool to import.
And since the error message is "this pool has been used in another system" you need the "-f" to ignore the "lock" the other system has on the pool.

Did you change hardware or reinstall Proxmox?

Last edited:
Reactions: leesteken
Try "zpool import -f RAID"

zpool import without any additional parameters only lists pools available for import. You need to specify which pool to import.
And since the error message is "this pool has been used in another system" you need the "-f" to ignore the "lock" the other system has on the pool.

Did you change hardware or reinstall Proxmox?
I did! My brothers CPU and motherboard has 2 more cores and 4 more threads that I thought virtualization would better utilize coupled with his 32GB of RAM. I had a feeling something like this would happen by switching something as major as that. But I just didn't know what to do to get it back.

I followed your instruction and now get this:

IMG_20240825_173505267_HDR.jpg
Then I did a reboot and I now get this:

IMG_20240825_173944228.jpg
And this:
IMG_20240825_174044885_HDR.jpg

Any ideas?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!