[SOLVED] Failed to start load/save screen backlight

L1miter

Nov 9, 2022
Since I upgraded my system from an Intel CPU that didn't have an integrated GPU to an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X that has an iGPU, I get this error:
Code:
Failed to start Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video0.
When I boot with an HDMI cable inserted into the motherboard's HDMI port, I don't get the normal command line login screen. However, if I insert the cable into the GPU, a GTX 1060, it works and I am able to see the login screen.

The error doesn't affect the boot-up process of Proxmox. Proxmox starts up successfully, but I have the GTX 1060 passed through to one of my VMs. Once it starts up, the GPU switches to the VM. However, I would like to have access to the command line because I have needed it a few times in the past, and I had to restart the machine to get it. Unfortunately, I have no idea what is causing this issue, and my searches for a solution have been unsuccessful.

my system:
CPU: AMD ryzen 9 7950X
Motherboard: Asus prime x670-p wifi
RAM: Kingston hyperX 64GB (4x 16GB)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060
Proxmox version is 7.4-3

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_222330.jpg
    IMG_20230225_222330.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 8

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!