Failed to fetch feature 6

Oct 4, 2019
I have my three proxmox machines (7.4-16 and 8.0.4) connected to a KVM-switch made by Delock.
Which gives them access to my monitor and a receiver for Logitech keyboard/mouse.

Whenever I switch to a machine, that machine starts spamming the below message in both syslog:
"Oct 09 22:29:58 proxmox kernel: hid-multitouch 0003:5153:0168.0010: failed to fetch feature 6"

And local terminal:
"[ 935.687409] proxmox kernel: hid-multitouch 0003:5153:0168.0010: failed to fetch feature 6"

Only thing that changes is the time/bracketed number.

When I switch to another machine, or unplug the keyboard/mouse from the switch the messages stop.
The messages do not show when the receiver is connected directly to a machine.

I've tried to google what the "failed to fetch feature" message actually means. To no avail.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction to disable this error message?

I dont know why you are getting this message.

What might help someone more familiar with such setup is to share: a) what type of connection is between monitor and switch, and switch and pc (vga, hdmi, dp, usb-c, etc), b) what type of connection is mouse/keyboard (although less relevant, since the message is from hid-multitouch, which is likely touch-screen (is your monitor one?) related).
Other things you can do : reach out to manufacture for recommendation on any additional drivers, or minimum kernel versions; update Kernel to latest version, perhaps even from test repo.

Beyond that, if the only thing that bothers you is the warning, and everything else works, you can look into filtering the log system.

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I dont know why you are getting this message.

What might help someone more familiar with such setup is to share: a) what type of connection is between monitor and switch, and switch and pc (vga, hdmi, dp, usb-c, etc), b) what type of connection is mouse/keyboard (although less relevant, since the message is from hid-multitouch, which is likely touch-screen (is your monitor one?) related).
Other things you can do : reach out to manufacture for recommendation on any additional drivers, or minimum kernel versions; update Kernel to latest version, perhaps even from test repo.

Beyond that, if the only thing that bothers you is the warning, and everything else works, you can look into filtering the log system.

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
It is not related to the monitor. If I only connect that (through HDMI) everything is fine.

It's when I connect a mouse and/or keyboard, through the switch, the messages start. All pointing devices are USB. No touch screen.

The receiver I'm using is a Logitech Logi Bolt with a keyboard and mouse connected to it.

I'm not getting these messages with the Linux distributions I use other than Proxmox. Have tried Manjaro and Ubuntu.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!