[SOLVED] [FAILED] Failed unmounting Mount storage 'Storage-Name' under /mnt/pve

Voyaller

Nov 15, 2020
Hello,

The issue is written in the title.
Currently i have a server that refuses to reboot and it's stuck on this message.

Should i kill the machine or should i wait?

Thanks.

It was stuck for like 20 minutes. I forced power cycle on the node.

I wasn't able to do anything on systemd dialog, that's why i posted here to see what everyone else was thinking before pushing the button.
I know what caused it, for that analysis i'll have to open another thread.

Hi! I have a similar issue with Proxmox 7.3 (nvme disks, amd cpu), I saw the "Failed unmounting Mount storage" message while shutting down proxmox being stuck with vm hanging. My use case/config is:

storage.cfg:
dir: storage_name
path /mnt/pve/storage_name
content rootdir,vztmpl,snippets,images,iso,backup
is_mountpoint 1
nodes _mynode

If I add a qcow or raw image (tried 250GB,160GB,32GB,4GB,1GB doesn't matter actually) to an existing vm (while running), the vm hangs, the host CPU get's higher than usual. I'm trying to stop the VM, sometimes qm stop works by killing/terminating the VM. Sometimes I have to restart the node. After restarting the node, VM is hanging agaion, qm stop is unpredictable ... last time it stopped the VM.

Removing the qcow2 (or raw) image ... (detaching and removing) makes the VM bootable again.

Is there a recommended way to attach RAW/QCOW2 images to a VM that I'm missing?

+ Just tried to add a 4GB raw image while the VM is stopped, the result is the same, the VM can't be started, qm stop kills it and i can start it only after detaching the image.

====
Not saying that I would like to attach a raw image (pretty huge ~200GB) to multiple VMS, readonly as I would attach an ISO.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!