EXT4-fs error

LazeX7

Jul 13, 2024
Hello,

Every few days or hours my proxmox device crashes. Everytime I reboot the system it works for a while. I never had it connected to a monitor so I could never see any errors, until today. Today it crashed again and i got the follow errors:

1723963791772.jpeg

The OS is installed on a M.2 from Lexar NM710 1TB M.2 SSD I bought brand new a few months back...
After this error, i'm unable to input "reboot" only "exit" it doesn't do anything after that!

I need to reboot it manually. After a reboot it works fine for a few days or hours again....

You won't be happy with cheap crabby ssd's while seen your os is still damaged inside the ext4.
Go like in monopoly back to start, buy a good one, reinstall proxmox and so on ...

You won't be happy with cheap crabby ssd's while seen your os is still damaged inside the ext4.
Go like in monopoly back to start, buy a good one, reinstall proxmox and so on ...
Proxmox has been reinstalled less than 3 weeks ago because of this issue.

FYI I went with an nvme Lexar NM790 1TB as it had good reviews and a high TBW rating. Been running 24/7 since Feb with 0% wearout and no issues.

Also make sure everything is running on UPS power.

I would RMA the drive and go with something better, also turn off atime everywhere (including in-guests) and turn off cluster services in Proxmox if this is single-node. You can also go with log2ram and zram for less writing to the SSD

FYI I went with an nvme Lexar NM790 1TB as it had good reviews and a high TBW rating. Been running 24/7 since Feb with 0% wearout and no issues.

Also make sure everything is running on UPS power.

I would RMA the drive and go with something better, also turn off atime everywhere (including in-guests) and turn off cluster services in Proxmox if this is single-node. You can also go with log2ram and zram for less writing to the SSD
Problem has been solved.

By going to: nano /etc/default/grub
And add the line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!