[TUTORIAL] Expired Account Fix

pengwin

Feb 11, 2022
Had this issue today. For some reason, both my accounts (including root) were set to expire March 1, 2023. Was not able to log into the Web Gui. Was, however, able to log in to the CLI via SSH. Couldn't find a fix anywhere and finally figured it out.

When I did a user list, it showed both my accounts with the expire set at 1677657600 which is the epoch for Mar 1, 2023. Used the following command to reset expire back to never:

pveum user modify root@pam --expire 0

Hi, thanks for sharing your solution, you might want to set the Tutorial prefix (Edit Thread, at the right above your initial post).

I think it might be worth to show some sort of warning/notice if a user account is expiring in the next X days, where 10 days might be reasonable for X as that covers more than a week and so even some vacancy/PSO. With that most setups where the user logs in regularly would notice this early enough and could either extend themselves or ask the admin.
And for those that only log in if there's something off there is no sensible timeframe long enough anyway, at it can be months in between. For the latter a one-shot (email) notification, if any email address is configured, could help.

Reactions: Neobin
Yes, having a warning would be excellent. I wasn't even aware that the two accounts had been set with an expiry. Thanks

Show warning hint/badge if user account is expiring in next few days,Can it be implemented in the next version?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!